Installation Using Built in Plugin Installer
You can download a plugin directly from your blog by using the Add New option in the Plugins sub-menu.
- Log in to the WordPress Administration Panel
- Go to “Appearance => Themes =>Add New”
- Type in the name of the WordPress Plugin or descriptive keyword, author, or tag in Search Plugins box or click a tag link below the screen.
- Click on “Install Now” and then “Activate” to install the Plugin
Installation Plugin manually
Here are the steps for manual installation of a plugin.
- Download the WordPress Plugin to your desktop
- If downloaded as a zip archive, extract the Plugin folder to your desktop
- With your FTP program, upload the Plugin folder to the wp-content/plugins folder in your WordPress directory online.
- Go to Plugins section from your dashboard and find the newly uploaded Plugin in the list.
- Click “Activate” button to activate it.